Private Yoga Teacher Training
Private One on One Yoga Teacher Training
Mentor style teacher training recreates the traditional yoga model based on a strong and trusted relationship between student and teacher
Traditionally, yoga was taught by a teacher directly to the student. Ancient teachers understood the significance of personalizing each yoga experience to meet the needs of each student. Today such an experience can be recreated and a private yoga training allows for a more intimate view into your practice. You can discover a new practice, deepen your existing practice or spend some time integrating new and yet unknown concepts of the yogic tradition. When working with a teacher one on one, the teacher is able to help you experience the benefits of yoga in an accelerated and personal way.
I empower my students to become the best teachers they can be. That is why I personally coach you, without delegating the task to other, assistant teachers. I will be your personal mentor.
I love teaching the science and art of yoga in a personalized manner because I truly believe that you don’t need the latest fitness program, the coolest gear or a mass of other people around you to spur you on.
You just need ONE person who shows up for you, who meets you exactly where you are, to inspire and support deep and sustainable shifts in your practice, your well-being and your teaching abilities.
I will be 100% there for you
- I’ll guide you through every movement, pose, sequence.
- There will be time to ask questions at the end of the practice.
- We can adapt any pose taking into account any injury or discomfort you may have.
- I’m available for you way beyond our private yoga lesson together. You can contact me at any time with questions, observations and thoughts that come up during the week.
- We’ll meet online at a time and day that is convenient for you and you will practice in the comfort of your own home.
- I’ll help to hold you accountable to your practice.
Work with Ganga Devi around YOUR schedule. Ganga has taught and practiced yoga and meditation for more than thirty years. She has also trained and performed as a professional dancer of Bharatanatyam – the classical dance of India. Her philosophy classes are captivating and fascinating, as she skillfully simplifies complex subjects, teaching them in an down-to-Earth manner, while weaving in personal experience and storytelling.
She passionately uses her special gift of bringing people together in ceremony to connect, sing, dance, heal and release. With her intricate knowledge about the use of breath she skillfully uses a unique system of breathing and breath retention when adapting yoga as a therapy for body, mind and soul.
Ganga is also a talented musician and nada yogini (sound healer), sharing bhajans, kirtan and Indian raga music to complement the deeply transformational work she undertakes on each of the 200h programmes.
"The Himalayan Yoga Institute teacher training was one of the best things that happened to me. I have learnt and attended yoga classes under various teachers and practiced yoga in various styles for over 10 years and during the difficult Covid -19 lockdown I was looking online to find the right teacher to take my yoga practice to next level and qualify as a yoga teacher. I am so glad to have found the Himalayan Yoga Institute and a teacher like Ganga who is an exceptional teacher with vast knowledge of both theory and practical aspects of yoga in its original and best form. I feel that this course is more of a lifestyle coaching both at the physical and mental level than just a yoga teacher training. Ganga guided me with amazing warmth and kindness throughout the course and after. She has changed my life in terms of my own understanding of spirituality. She has expanded my knowledge of yoga philosophy, Tantra and Bhagavad Gita and motivated me to spread the knowledge and benefits of yoga practice both on a physical and mental level. This course covers the amazing amount of theory and Rajadhiraja asanas, pranayama and meditation and I feel that it covered the syllabus of many different types of modern yoga practices. Though it was online, Ganga made it feel like very much in person by various interactive meditation and Asana classes and she guided and supported me all throughout. I thank Ganga with all my heart for being the best teacher and sharing this wonderful knowledge of yoga."
Dr. Neetha Shetty
"I’ve always considered myself a healthy, athletic and pretty active person, however, the stress that the 2020 pandemic brought into our lives, triggered the need to search for a course that could help me to keep my health and sanity. Ganga’s online course exceeded my expectations by far in all areas. She did a masterful job at sharing her wisdom, keeping us engaged, challenge our comfort zone, all with diligence, riguor, love and patience. This course had a positive impact beyond expected: not only it changed my life, but after learning about the health, emotional and physical results, my 20 year old daughter decided to enroll in the next online course available, my mother and sister enrolled in a Yoga for Kids program in Mexico (where they live), my husband started to practice yoga on a regular basis, and my father (who was in deep depression) started meditating, and studying more about Yoga. I have also started teaching yoga to my students (I’m a teacher), and other teachers at my school, to support our wellbeing program. Ganga is a beautiful soul, and her wealth of knowledge truly is an inspiration. I am looking forward to taking the 300hr course, and to continue the path that Ganga has started me and my family on. We are all better, healthier, and happier human beings."
Ana Gabriela Morales (Cairo, Egypt)
“I was thoroughly challenged by the course and enthralled with all the information I received. I learnt about teaching asana which was my initial goal but I got so much knowledge of yogic philosophy, diet, health, tips to being a successful yoga instructor and information on anatomy also. I left the course feeling like I could now be a yoga teacher and taught my first class the next day in a hostel. It was a wonderful life changing experience and having it with only 8 people makes it intimate and thorough. Ganga is undeniably so very knowledgeable and passionate about all the elements of yoga. She inspired me to do so much more with yoga in the form of meditation and taught me a style of yoga which benefited my soul, mind and body. Having spoken to other people who took other intensive courses, I believe this one to be a cut above the rest, I would strongly recommend it to those who are looking for more than just asana teaching.”
Helen O'Shea, Milton Keynes, UK
A unique feature of the training is our approach to asana practice: The asanas are practiced and taught in the Rajadhiraja tradition of Tantra yoga, offering ancient knowledge on the deeply transformational effect of asanas with regards to our hormonal and chakra system - rarely taught in other yoga schools. You will learn how you can balance your endocrine glands, your hormones, your chakras and your emotions in order to experience a profound sense of well-being and happiness. You will receive detailed insight into the practice of more than 60 asanas, along with an in depth understanding of good alignment, benefits, contraindications, and special applications. You will also learn how to use these asanas in a variety of yoga styles, such as Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin yoga.
This is a 200 hour yoga teacher training utilizing our core curriculum
- This private yoga teacher training includes all the best components of our 200 hour yoga teacher group certification process, yet we are able to tailor and customize your one on one training based on your previous experience (if any), as well as help you to discover your passion and purpose and how you wish to offer or create this as a potential business.
At the end of this program, you will be a certified yoga teacher, registered with the Yoga Alliance, able and ready to teach yoga in any setting.
- Perhaps you have started a yoga teacher training and would like to pick up where you left off.
- Or, maybe you know exactly how and who you wish to teach?
- Maybe you are already a 200 hour certified yoga teacher and wish to continue your training at a pace that suits you.
- It's OK if you don't, because in this private training you will have an opportunity to really discover your unique talents and gifts as a yoga teacher and how you feel inspired to offer it to the world.
- If you are seeking an accelerated yoga training and deeply transformational process that will prepare you for your life of service, this might be the program for you.
Ready to learn more? Call/text +44 7969157994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlights of the 200h Private Yoga Teacher Training
- Go at your own pace - achieve your 200 hour yoga teacher certification in a few weeks or months - depending on your dedication you may complete the training in as little as 8 weeks or spread it over 12 weeks
- One-on-one sessions scheduled at your convenience - need to go out of town? no problem...
- Exclusive and private access to Ganga Devi, the principal teacher of the Himalayan Yoga Institute, with 30+ years experience
- Learn classical yoga with a solid foundation in authentic yoga practices, establish your meditation practice, and all other aspects of yoga with a deep understanding
- International 200hour Yoga Alliance certification
- Learn the secrets of Tantric Rajadhiraja yoga, a long forgotten, yet highly powerful approach to yoga, resulting in perfect hormonal balance, which will completely rewire your body, clear your mind and awaken your soul
- Our yoga instructor certification courses are of outstanding quality, marked by excellence and attention to detail. They are the most thorough and comprehensive ones you will find
- The training is not only suitable for aspiring yoga teachers but also for those who simply want to learn more about yoga and develop a stronger self-practice
- 200-hour virtual yoga teacher training
- On-demand training released every week
- Weekly live Zoom training calls
- Live online sessions will be held over Zoom
- Yoga Styles: Rajadhiraja, Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin
- This unique curriculum includes a customized version of our offerings, including
- Private Yoga Lessons
- Private Satsang and Meditation Instruction
- Private Version of our Yoga Teacher Training
Our private certification trainings are by application and interview only, and there is only 1 spot available to begin at this time.
If time is valuable and you are interested in a more personalized experience during your training sessions our Private Yoga Teacher Training is for you!
Get your 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training certificate (Yoga Alliance Approved) in the comfort of your home.
You will be able to finish your private, One-on-One Yoga Teacher Training in 12 weeks or depending on you dedication in as little as 6 – 8 weeks.
If you are interested in taking a Private Yoga Teacher training please email us so we may schedule a phone consultation. There is an application process for the Private Training.
This is an in depth one on one mentorship, which can be completed 100% online with a combination of weekly livestreams via zoom, a digital library and email consultation.
Private Training Tuition:
- 200 hour private certification program: Investment £15,000
Ready to learn more? Call/text +44 7969157994 or email email@example.com
You do not need a certain amount of "time" before you can enroll in our yoga teacher training. Past graduates refer to this as listening to the voice inside when it’s "time" to deepen your practice and follow your passion. Graduates come from all different walks of life, even self-taught yogis who heard the voice inside to help others through the power of yoga.
Students who complete this online training are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®).
How the training works
Our approach to teaching is experiential so your learning and understanding will develop as your practice deepens. You will have time between training sessions to allow the knowledge and experience to be fully integrated and your confidence to build. You will learn the fundamentals of a balanced yoga practice, asana, pranayama, chanting, meditation and the science and philosophy that provide the framework for the practices.
Asanas – Yoga Postures
Two types of asana classes will be conducted:
- One daily asana practice class which will provide you with the opportunity to practice your asanas and will help you to develop a strong personal practice of asanas, and
- One daily teaching practice class devoted to understanding how to teach the asanas – we will break down the asanas and understand alignment, most common errors, and how to help students self-correct.
The daily in-depth practice with individual corrections comprises:
- Effective warm-ups and how to incorporate them into the class - various categories of warm-ups
- Sun salutation and its variations
- 66 basic yoga postures
- 100 asana variations, from beginners level to advanced
- Postural alignment
- Guided deep relaxation and yoga nidra
- Release of blocked energy and deep healing
- How to develop flexibility and strength
- Helpful instructions for alignment in the asanas and how to self-correct as well as adjust students
Pranayama and Breathing Exercises
- Expands breathing capacity
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Balances the two hemispheres of the brain
- Purifies the nadis (subtle energy channels)
- Stores energy in the chakras
- Calms the mind
- Ujjayi, Surya Bheda, Sitali, Sitkari, Bhramari
- The 10 Vayus (Pranas) and Pranayama
Kriyas, Bandhas and Mudras
- Neti, Nauli, Kapalabhati and tongue cleaning : classical yogic purification techniques for the nose, lungs, abdomen and tongue which will be demonstrated and practiced
- Bandhas: Jalandhara, Uddayana and Mula Bandha
- Bandhatraya Yoga: Mahamudra, Mahabandha and Mahavedha
- General Health rules
- Yogic secrets for a long life
- Lymphatic drainage massage
Yoga Anatomy, Physiology and Bio-Psychology
- Introduction to the major body systems
- The effects of yoga on: the cardiovascular system, respiration, digestion, skeletal and muscular systems, endocrine system
- The science of asanas: their physical and mental benefits
- Yoga and physical culture
- Yogic Diet, Nutrition and the Principles of Ayurveda
- Human Anatomy and Yoga Physiology are important aspects of yoga study, but another relatively unexplored aspect of yoga is Bio-Psychology. Bio-Psychology is the study of glands and hormones and their profound effects on all physical and mental (psychic) functions like growth, digestion, energy levels, emotions, etc.
- Subtle Anatomy: Koshas, Vayus, Nadiis, Prana, Chakras
The History of Yoga
- Various Definitions of Yoga
- A brief history of Tantra
- From Shiva to Krsna
- The Nath lineage
- Astavkra Muni
- The Kriya Yoga Lineage (Lahiri Mahasaya, Paramahansa Yogananda, etc.)
- Ramakrsna and Vivekananda
- Sri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya and his students
- Pattabhi Jois
- T.K.V. Desikachar
- Shrii Shrii Anandamurti
Karma and Reincarnation
- The law of action and reaction
- Karma and Samskara (Samskara means reactive momenta to past actions and is not to be confused with the term Samsara, which means the wheel of birth and rebirth)
- Life, death, rebirth and liberation
- Destiny, Prapatti Vada and self-effort
What qualities should a yoga teacher have? This module will focus on the qualities of a good yoga teacher with an emphasis on teaching methodology, e.g. how to communicate with students, how to demonstrate, observe the student in the class to avoid injury during practice of asana. We will also discuss the personal and professional ethics of a yoga teacher.
Besides you will receive sample templates for a Hatha, a Vinyasa and a Rajadhiraja class. You will also be given a fully designed beginner's course which you can apply in real life as soon as you have completed the course.
- How to teach the basic postures, breathing exercises and elementary meditation to beginners and intermediate students
- Setting up of a proper environment for class
- Mindful Sequencing
- Use of voice and presentation skills
- General pointers on teaching a class
- The Basic Rajadhiraja class
- The Dynamic Vinyasa class
- Beginners' Course
- Advanced Postures
- Yoga for Children
- Yoga for Older Citizens
- Yoga for Pregnancy
- Detailed correction workshops
- In the second half of the training course, participants will teach each other under the guidance of an experienced instructor
- Vegetarianism for ethical, spiritual and health reasons
- How diet affects the mind
- Proper balance of the main nutrients
- Ayurvedic principles of nutrition
- Healing effects of fasting
- Guide to meditation
- What is meditation
- Why meditate
- Experiences in meditation
- Mantras as powerful sound energy healing and purifying the chakras, nadis and body cells
- The science of mantra
- The 3 qualities a mantra must possess
- Mantra initiation (if desired)
- Ashtanga - the 8 limbs of yoga
- Ethics and moral principles
- Hatha Yoga
- Koshas – the five layers of the mind
- Kaoshikii and Tandava: dynamic yogic dances for women and men
- Concentration and meditation
- The six lessons of Sahaja Yoga
- 16 points of yogic life
- Understanding Kundalini Shakti
- Macrocosm and Microcosm
- The Tantric theory of creation
- Nirguna and Saguna Brahma
- Shiva and Shakti
- The 7 Chakras
- The awakening and raising of Kundalini Shakti
- Kirtan: devotional chanting of Sanskrit mantras
- Chanting opens the heart and purifies the mind. With daily chanting, you develop a strong feeling of devotion and a very pure inner vibration. In devotional chanting correct pronunciation, devotional attitude and awareness of meaning (ideation) are all-important.
- Creativity and artistic expression for spiritual development and upliftment
- Mandala Art workshop - you will create your own mandala in this workshop
- Bhajans (devotional songs)
- Prabhat Samgiita (devotional music for mental expansion)
- Indian Classical Dance
- Karma Yoga in the Bhagavad Giita: relinquishing the attachment to the fruits of our actions
- Karma yoga is also the practice of selfless service. It maintains physical and mental health, counteracts depression and refines your mind and heart.
- The spirit of service in daily life
- The law of cause and effect
- Samsara, the wheel of birth and death - exploring how Karma yoga allows every person to be free here and now.
- Yoga philosophy
- The History, Science and Philosophy of Tantra
- The Intuitional Science of the Vedas
- Contemporary Yoga philosophy: Brahmachakra
- Conquest of death and immortality
The Business of Teaching Yoga
- Secrets to becoming an exceptional yoga teacher
- Marketing yourself and your services
- How to Establish a Powerful Personal Practice
- How to set up classes
Why You Will Love This Training
The 200-hour training as designed by the Himalayan Yoga Institute is an online teacher training which will allow you to fully immerse yourself in the lifestyle and practices of authentic yoga. It will enable you to develop your connection to your own deepest wisdom, your inner knowing and intuition. And most importantly it will provide you with tools you can use beyond the scope of the training for self-development, spiritual self-inquiry, as well as integration of the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of your being. It will transform limiting beliefs and perceptions that may be holding you back into a joyous affirmation of life, while deepening your understanding of your true life’s purpose and role in the universe. The teachings are rooted in the philosophy of Yoga and Tantra, meeting you wherever you may be in life, enabling you to unleash your greatest potential.
Yet theory and philosophy only offer a framework within which you may explore the depth of your love, joy and longing for a meaningful life and contribution to the world.
Over a period of several weeks you will strengthen your own yoga practice through self-discipline, while probing into the nature of mind, body and spirit.
You will build a firm foundation of yoga practice, while gaining the skills of teaching others intuitively and with confidence.
Our 200h YTT will expand your horizons and your consciousness. It is designed not only to make you into the best yoga teacher you can be, but also into a true yogi and yogini, so that you may embody what you teach. You will experience a profound rewiring of your body, clearing of mind and purification of your emotions.
You will receive a thorough understanding of asana, mudra, bandha, teaching methodology, theory, yoga history, modern yoga, Patanjali’s 8 limbs, the 3 main branches of yoga, mantra, meditation and tantric philosophy. Asanas will be explored through our signature Rajadhiraja Yoga Method and its application to Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin yoga. You will also have an opportunity to experience authentic Bhakti yoga and Kirtan ceremony.
You will receive more than 10 Signature Templates for asana classes (including a complete course curriculum for beginners), predesigned and ready to go, while also learning about the creative act of sequencing yoga classes so you can design your own classes in the future.
Even if you have no plans to teach yoga upon completion of the training, our experience shows that participants come away with joyful inspiration not just regarding their yoga practice but for living life to the fullest and manifesting their dreams. Eventually, you will have great clarity about your greatest gifts and talents, that are seeking to find expression. We empower our students to become leaders in their communities and share not just yoga but their wisdom and insight with others.
Ready to learn more? Call/text +44 7969157994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org