Yoga Training London
The Himalayan Yoga Institute was initiated in November 2007 and has at its core the desire to awaken and deepen the interest for yoga and meditation and offer it for the benefit of all. We are eager to help you at every step of your practice and will do our best to assist you along this beautiful path.
The principle form of yoga taught by the Himalayan Institute is the Ashtanga version Rajadhiraja Yoga, which is a highly comprehensive form of yoga, the most complete system of self-development known today.
Besides Rajadhiraja Yoga, which is the central, most important practice, we also offer an eclectic range of classes to suit the varying needs and interests of our yoga students.In addition to yoga classes we also offer Indian classical dance classes. Please send us an email for more information, prices and times.
The types of yoga classes offered are:
- Yoga for beginners
- Dynamic Vinyasa Flow Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Therapeutic Yoga for specific problems
- Traditional Hatha Yoga class
- Relaxation class: Gentle Yoga and Yoga Nidra
- Yoga for pregnancy (pre-and postnatal)
- Sivananda Yoga
- Raja Dhiraja Yoga (the most complete of all styles/systems of yoga existing today)
- Indian Classical Dance
We offer yoga classes for beginners, intermediate and advanced students. Both, group classes and private yoga lessons, are available. The emphasis is on developing all three levels of the human being: the physical, psychic (mental & emotional) and spiritual aspect.
The classes run by the Himalayan Yoga Institute in London are designed to suit the varying needs and interests of students; and to accommodate the complete beginner through to the more experienced yogi. It is found that deep breathing and relaxation allow for a greater deepening of the yoga postures, asanas, hence there is emphasis on pranayama (breathing exercises) as well as Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation). Yoga Nidra is a science in itself and promotes healing in a profound and deeply transforming way. Realign, recharge, re-balance and invigorate your mind and body, whilst boosting your overall health and well-being. Attentive to your individual needs our Private Yoga Classes are guaranteed to leave you smiling from the inside out. For interested students we offer advanced classes in yogic and tantric philosophy, yama and niyama (moral principles which help us lead happier, more balanced lives) and related topics. The institute offers an introduction into spiritual yoga and offers a selection of spiritual yoga retreats or meditation yoga retreats. Please contact us for information on group yoga classes and private yoga instruction. We also offer corporate classes and friend classes. For each individual or group we will first have a planning session to identify the personal and group needs and based on these draw a lesson plan for a series of lessons. We also take great care to find out about any medical conditions, in order to inform the participants of possible contraindications for certain postures. Whether you prefer a more challenging or a rather restorative class, both can be tailored according to your needs and wishes. Honouring traditional methods of teaching yoga, and developing safe practice, we advocate small group sizes, private yoga sessions and regular practice, nurturing a mutual understanding and respect for each individual.
Advice on practice and important information
- Wear comfortable clothing which will not hinder your movements and breathing
- Leave approximately half an hour after drinking liquids and 2-4 hours after solid foods (depending on how much you've eaten) before practising yoga postures. Give yourself the time to digest food and eliminate liquids.
- During the first three days of menstruation, avoid any intense yoga practice. Let us know and we will guide you.
- Establish a good routine: practice at the same time, and on the same days of the week wherever possible.
- Please leave your shoes in the hallway when you arrive and switch off all mobile phones.
- Practice 2+ times a week. We will happily give you some ideas for self practice (for the days in between your classes with us, or to take on holiday), please just ask!
- In yoga there is no competition. Be honest with your body, work with where you're at. Remember every day is different. Be present on your mat, attentive to yourself; work your own personal edge with grace.
- Let all your thoughts, actions and words be positive ones.
- Be regular in your practice. Have patience. Do not expect overnight results. Results will come in a surprisingly short time of their own accord with consistent effort.
Personalised instruction in meditation is free.
Group class at the studio:
- £ 7.50 per class (75 min class), booking for a minimum of 4 consecutive classes - £ 30.00 per 1 calender month
- £ 12.00 for a drop-in
Individual class at the studio:
- £ 30.00 per class (60 min)
- £ 40.00 per class (90 min)
Individual, group or corporate class in London:
- £ 50.00 for a 60 min class, (including travelling within London), for a series of 12 classes, one will be free
- £ 65.00 for a 75 and 90 min class, (including travelling within London), for a series of 12 classes, one will be free.
- £ 75.00 for a single 60 min class (including travelling within London)
- £ 80.00 for a single 75 or 90 min class (including travelling within London)