200h Yoga Teacher Training in South India
Give us Three Weeks and We’ll Give You a Heart-Centered Career
15 October - 7 November 2022
Huge 50% Last Minute Discount
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice yoga outdoors while enjoying the views and scents of the tropical flower garden surrounding the villa, the song of exotic birds and breathe the pure sea air as you prepare for a lifelong journey of discovering and sharing the manifold benefits of yoga and meditation.
You will leave this teacher training course feeling exuberant, full of joy and enthusiasm, highly inspired to put into practice what you have learned, ready to pass on the practices of yoga to your future students. At the same time you will leave with the tools to prepare and teach intelligent classes generating energy as well as relaxation, strength as well as calm.
An ancient scripture, the Svetasvatara Upanisad, cites:
"The precursors of perfection in yoga are lightness and health of the body, the absence of desire, a clear complexion, a beautiful voice and a fragrant odour of the body.”
Our aim is for you to experience that, and a lot more…
Become An In-Demand Yoga Instructor In 25 Days While Living In Mystical South India
Auroville near Pondicherry, is the ideal place to devote yourself to the practices and experience these results for yourself. The Himalayan Yoga Institute offers an authentic approach to yoga. While providing a thorough training in asana, mudra, bandha and kriya it probes beyond mere physical practice into the realm of higher yoga and meditation. Most importantly you will come away with a broad palette of tools and skills to develop yourself as a yogi/ni and to teach others with confidence and competence.
A unique feature of our training is our approach to asana practice: The asanas are practiced and taught in the Rajadhiraja tradition of Tantra yoga, offering ancient knowledge on the deeply transformational effect of asanas with regards to our hormonal and chakra system - rarely taught in other yoga schools. You will learn how you can balance your endocrine glands, your hormones, your chakras and your emotions in order to experience a profound sense of well-being and happiness. You will receive detailed insight into the practice of more than 60 asanas, along with an in depth understanding of good alignment, benefits, contraindications, hands-on-adjustments and special applications. You will also learn how to use these asanas in a variety of yoga styles, such as Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin yoga.
Another unique feature is lifelong personalized mentoring offered by Ganga Devi, the principal teacher on this course, to those who wish to receive guidance after the completion of their training. Ganga has taught and practiced yoga and meditation for more than thirty years. She has also trained and performed as a professional dancer of Bharatanatyam – the classical dance of India. Her philosophy classes are captivating and fascinating, as she skillfully simplifies complex subjects, teaching them in an down-to-Earth manner, while weaving in personal experience and storytelling.
She passionately uses her special gift of bringing people together in ceremony to connect, sing, dance, heal and release. With her intricate knowledge about the use of breath she skilfully uses a unique system of breathing and breath retention when adapting yoga as a therapy for body, mind and soul.
Ganga is also a talented musician and nada yogini (sound healer), sharing bhajans, kirtan and Indian raga music to complement the deeply transformational work she undertakes on each of the 200h programmes. In addition she offers personalized instruction in meditation and an individually tailored daily yoga routine for you to take back home and continue your yoga journey with a unique set of asanas and other techniques, adapted to your specific needs
Highlights of the 200h Yoga Teacher Training
- We maintain small class sizes for maximum personalized attention.
- At the end of the training you will be centred, calm, superbly inspired, beaming with joy and empowered to skilfully guide others into the sacred landscape of their bodies, minds, and hearts, and teach powerful, uplifting, and intelligent classes infused with joy.
- International 200hour Yoga Alliance certification
- Eat delicious vegetarian meals and fresh teas sourced from our organic gardens
- Connect with your Inner Self while spending time in the lush tropical garden filled with birdsong, resting in the hammock, by the stream or pond
- Practice yoga in beautiful natural indoor and outdoor spaces surrounded by exotic trees with stunning views of nature
- Shop for beautiful Indian textiles and handicrafts in the local villages and Auroville
- Experience authentic martial arts performances, Indian music and dance during the local festivals of Tantric art
- Receive personalized instruction in meditation and receive a daily routine of asana prescription individually tailored just for you, that will allow you to advance your practice back home
- Learn the secrets of Tantric Rajadhiraja yoga, a long forgotten, yet highly powerful approach to yoga, which will completely rewire your body, clear your mind and awaken your soul
- Our yoga instructor certification courses are of outstanding quality, marked by excellence and attention to detail. They are the most thorough and comprehensive ones you will find
- You will start practicing and learning how to teach asanas from day 1 of the training
- The intensive daily schedule includes two meditation sessions, two yoga classes, in depth study of yoga postures, two lectures and workshops. One day a week is lecture-free.
- The training is not only suitable for aspiring yoga teachers but also for those who simply want to learn more about yoga and develop a stronger self-practice
- There is limited space on all our courses.
When choosing a yoga certification programme make sure that plenty of time is given to developing your teaching skills. On our yoga teacher training courses you will be provided with the opportunity to teach single asanas from day two and you will teach classes very early on into the course. You will be given insight into how to give verbal cues, how to demonstrate, observe and correct students with hands-on adjustments.
"The Himalayan Yoga Institute teacher training was an experience like no other. You can read all about it, see photos, read testimonials but it's just not possible to imagine the vastness of knowledge that is shared with you in what seems like the fastest month of your life! The doors are opened to a whole new world and you have the privilege of being able to take a peek or fully explore the other side. Expertly guided throughout by the warmth and infectious passion of the radiant Ganga Devi, it's a once in a lifetime experience you'll never forget! :))
Ellie Marchione, Eastry Sandwich Kent, United Kingdom
"This training exceeded my expectations on every level. In addition to gaining the knowledge to teach yoga asanas to others, I have also acquired a deeper understanding of myself, of others and of the universe. Training alongside an incredible group of people from around the world, each with different cultures and stories, was a great privilege. And of course, this growth and learning could not have taken place without the guidance and patience of our teacher, Ganga, a truly beautiful soul. Her wealth of knowledge is inspiring. The course was well-structured, in-depth and has given me the foundation for a new life path. I am so grateful to have all of this philosophical and historical awareness and cannot wait to share in this pursuit for joy through yoga."
Isabella Staines, United Kingdom
"I will be forever grateful to Ganga for having shared her knowledge of the ancient wisdom of yoga with me. When I booked my training at the Himalayan Yoga Institute, it didn’t take me long to feel assured of my decision. Actually, I started looking 6 months in advance, and less than two weeks later I had already booked my place. And this was one of the best decisions I ever took in my life. The training went beyond my expectations, not only because the curriculum of the training was very complete (and went very deep on many subjects), but also because of the teacher giving the training, Ganga. Ganga belongs to a category of rare persons you will meet in your life. She is truly genuine, compassionate, she radiates with happiness and I am sure, inspires many people on her path, and I am one of them. With an arising popularity of yoga in Western countries, it is hard to find an authentic teacher, but even more so authentic trainings which do not just focus only on the physical side of yoga, the asanas. I loved to learn about the history of India, the country of origin of yoga, as well as the philosophy behind yoga practices. As a result, I feel like I can better serve my students in their growth, as yogis, but also as human beings. Without imposing any belief, this training succeeded in showing me another perspective to life. Moreover, human anatomy, as well as human biology were well covered, and even made me want to deepen my knowledge of the human body and its functioning. Before my training I did not know much about this subject, so I was afraid that I will struggle and not be able to understand, but this was not the case at all."
Romy Leduc Schraenen, Quebec, Canada
Asanas – Yoga Postures
Two types of asana classes will be conducted:
- One daily asana practice class which will provide you with the opportunity to practice your asanas and will help you to develop a strong personal practice of asanas, and
- One daily teaching practice class devoted to understanding how to teach the asanas - you will start learning how to teach asanas from day two. of the course. Hence you will have plenty of time to practice teaching throughout the entire course.
The daily in-depth practice with individual corrections comprises:
- Effective warm-ups and how to incorporate them into the class - various categories of warm-ups
- Sun salutation and its variations
- 66 basic yoga postures
- 100 asana variations, from beginners level to advanced
- Postural alignment
- Guided deep relaxation and yoga nidra
- Release of blocked energy and deep healing
- How to develop flexibility and strength
- Helpful instructions for alignment in the asanas and how to self-correct as well as adjust students
The practical training (asana practice class) allows you to learn asana (Yoga Posture) in detail. You will understand the benefits of each and every asana on the physical, mental and spiritual level, besides that, you’ll also learn which asanas to prescribe to people with various physical and mental problems. Warm-ups, self-massage, meditation and relaxation techniques are also covered.
Teaching Methodology (teaching practice class) will prepare you to conduct a yoga class in real life with confidence; you will learn how to demonstrate and describe asanas, perform adjustments and assist the students in class and also help them to avoid injury during the practice of asanas.
Benefits of Asanas
Achieving emotional balance by regulating the glandular system
- Balanced mind
- Improved power of concentration
- Ridding the body of excess fat
- Enhanced physical fitness
- Relief of chronic ailments such as constipation, rheumatism, stomach complaints
- Massage of the inner organs
- Improved circulation
- Stabilised thyroid functions
- Muscles and joints remain youthful and supple into old age
Pranayama and Breathing exercises
- Expands breathing capacity
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Balances the two hemispheres of the brain
- Purifies the nadis (subtle energy channels)
- Stores energy in the chakras
- Calms the mind
- Ujjayi, Surya Bheda, Sitali, Sitkari, Bhramari
- The 10 Vayus (Pranas) and Pranayama
Kriyas, Bandhas and Mudras
- Neti, Nauli, Kapalabhati and tongue cleaning : classical yogic purification techniques for the nose, lungs, abdomen and tongue which will be demonstrated and practiced
- Bandhas: Jalandhara, Uddayana and Mula Bandha
- Bandhatraya Yoga: Mahamudra, Mahabandha and Mahavedha
- General Health rules
- Yogic secrets for a long life
- Lymphatic drainage massage
Yoga anatomy, physiology and Bio-Psychology
- Introduction to the major body systems
- The effects of yoga on: the cardiovascular system, respiration, digestion, skeletal and muscular systems, endocrine system
- The science of asanas: their physical and mental benefits
- Yoga and physical culture
- Yogic Diet, Nutrition and the Principles of Ayurveda
- Human Anatomy and Yoga Physiology are important aspects of yoga study, but another relatively unexplored aspect of yoga is Bio-Psychology. Bio-Psychology is the study of glands and hormones and their profound effects on all physical and mental (psychic) functions like growth, digestion, energy levels, emotions, etc.
The History of Yoga
- Various Definitions of Yoga
- A brief history of Tantra
- From Shiva to Krsna
- The Nath lineage
- Astavkra Muni
- The Kriya Yoga Lineage (Lahiri Mahasaya, Paramahansa Yogananda, etc.)
- Ramakrsna and Vivekananda
- Sri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya and his students B.K.S.Iyengar, Pattabhi Jois, T.K.V. Desikachar
- Shrii Shrii Anandamurti
Karma and Reincarnation
- The law of action and reaction
- Karma and Samskara (Samskara means reactive momenta to past actions and is not to be confused with the term Samsara, which means the wheel of birth and rebirth)
- Life, death, rebirth and liberation
- Destiny, Prapatti Vada and self-effort
What qualities should a yoga teacher have? This module will focus on the qualities of a good yoga teacher with an emphasis on teaching methodology, e.g. how to communicate with students, how to demonstrate, observe the student in the class to avoid injury during practice of asana. We will also discuss the personal and professional ethics of a yoga teacher.
Besides you will receive sample templates for a Hatha, a Vinyasa and a Rajadhiraja class. You will also be given a fully designed beginner's course which you can apply in real life as soon as you have completed the course.
- How to teach the basic postures, breathing exercises and elementary meditation to beginners and intermediate students
- Setting up of a proper environment for class
- Mindful Sequencing
- Use of voice and presentation skills
- General pointers on teaching a class
- The Basic Rajadhiraja class
- The Dynamic Vinyasa class
- Beginners' Course
- Advanced Postures
- Yoga for Children
- Yoga for Older Citizens
- Yoga for Pregnancy
- Detailed correction workshops
- In the second half of the training course, participants will teach each other under the guidance of an experienced instructor
- Vegetarianism for ethical, spiritual and health reasons
- How diet affects the mind
- Proper balance of the main nutrients
- Ayurvedic principles of nutrition
- Healing effects of fasting
- Guide to meditation
- What is meditation
- Why meditate
- Experiences in meditation
- Mantras as powerful sound energy healing and purifying the chakras, nadis and body cells
- The science of mantra
- The 3 qualities a mantra must possess
- Mantra initiation (if desired)
- Ashtanga - the 8 limbs of yoga
- Ethics and moral principles
- Hatha Yoga
- Koshas – the five layers of the mind
- Kaoshikii and Tandava: dynamic yogic dances for women and men
- Concentration and meditation
- The six lessons of Sahaja Yoga
- 16 points of yogic life
- Understanding Kundalini Shakti
- Macrocosm and Microcosm
- The Tantric theory of creation
- Nirguna and Saguna Brahma
- Shiva and Shakti
- The 7 Chakras
- The awakening and raising of Kundalini Shakti
- Kirtan: devotional chanting of Sanskrit mantras
- Chanting opens the heart and purifies the mind. With daily chanting, you develop a strong feeling of devotion and a very pure inner vibration. In devotional chanting correct pronunciation, devotional attitude and awareness of meaning (ideation) are all-important.
- Creativity and artistic expression for spiritual development and upliftment
- Mandala Art workshop - you will create your own mandala in this workshop
- Bhajans (devotional songs)
- Prabhat Samgiita (devotional music for mental expansion)
- Indian Classical Dance
- Karma Yoga in the Bhagavad Giita: relinquishing the attachment to the fruits of our actions
- Karma yoga is also the practice of selfless service. It maintains physical and mental health, counteracts depression and refines your mind and heart.
- The spirit of service in daily life
- The law of cause and effect
- Samsara, the wheel of birth and death - exploring how Karma yoga allows every person to be free here and now
- Yoga philosophy
- The History, Science and Philosophy of Tantra
- The Intuitional Science of the Vedas
- Contemporary Yoga philosophy: Brahmachakra
- Conquest of death and immortality
- Krsna and the Bhagavad Giita
- Bhagavad Dharma and the concept of dharmaas given by Shiva
- Considered one of the greatest spiritual texts of the world, the Bhagavad Gita contains subtle and profound teachings and has a universality which embraces every aspect of human activity. It symbolises the solution to the eternal struggle between the spiritual and the material in every human being
- Study of the text and commentaries
The Business of Teaching Yoga
- Secrets to becoming an exceptional yoga teacher
- Marketing yourself and your services
- How to set up a Successful Yoga Teaching Business
- How to Establish a Powerful Personal Practice
- How to set up classes
- 06:30 Pranayama, chanting, meditation
- 07:30 Asanas
- 09:00 Fruit and Tea
- 09:30 Workshop/Lecture/Anatomy and Physiology
- 10:30 Karma Yoga
- 11:00 Lecture/Workshop
- 12:00 Lunch
- 12.45 Main lecture (philosophy/theory/history)
- 14:15 snack and leisure/self-study
- 16:30 Asanas, asana techniques & Teaching Methodology
- 18:30 Satsang (meditation, kirtan, chanting)
- 19:30 Dinner
- 20:00 Free time and study
- 22:00 Lights out
Sharanya is a beautiful villa near the model community Auroville in South India. It is located about 2 miles away from the Auroville Beach. A long private driveway leads you to the 4500sq ft villa set in grounds of 1.5 acres. The villa is built in the traditional Kerala style using rammed earth. This eco-friendly method of construction results in a structure that is naturally cool throughout the year.
The large central courtyard acts as a focal point of the villa allowing in natural light and ventilation. The villa is decorated with unique details and antique furniture, yet has all the comforts of home. The house is sufficiently away from the main road to keep out the noise and ensure almost total silence.
- Shared accommodation (up to 5 people of the same gender sharing a room)
- Triple accommodation (3 people sharing one room)
- Double accommodation (2 people sharing one room)
You will need a valid Tourist visa to enter India. To obtain this you will need to contact your local Indian High Commission, fill in the application form, which is usually available to download online, and take it to them or send it in along with the required fee. This can take up to 10 business days (i.e. two weeks) and your visa is activated from the day you get it rather than upon entry into the country. When stating your purpose on your visa form it is best to say Tourism.
Your passport has to be valid for at least another six months.
How to get to Pondicherry?
If you are travelling from London, you can find inexpensive flights to Chennai and New Delhi via the Skyscanner and Ebookers website:
The best way to travel is to take a direct international flight to Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu. If you arrive by 12 noon you can be part of our pick up, which we will organize from Chennai to Pondicherry. In case you are arriving a day prior to the arrival day, you can stay one night in Chennai and we will recommend a guest house where you can spend the night.
The other option is to fly to Delhi and then take a domestic flight from Delhi to Chennai. You will have to get to the domestic airport from the international Indira Gandhi Airport, which is easy as both airports are next to each other. You can book your internal flight via cleartrip:
Arrival and departure
- You would want to arrive on the first day of the course by 12 noon at Chennai airport, and depart on the last date in the evening.
When you arrive you will have a chance to relax, unwind and recuperate from your travel. In the evening you’ll get to meet others on the training over dinner and your yoga trainings' programme will start the following morning.
- We will organize a group transfer from the airport in Chennai on the arrival day at about 12.00 noon. In case you are arriving later on that day you would have to make your way to the yoga house on your own, however we can help with contact details of a taxi company we use.
Visit to Mahabalipuram
You will have a chance to see Mamallapuram (or Mahabalipuram) on the way from Chennai to our venue. Mamallapuram is a UNESCO protected heritage site, displaying gorgeous stone carvings and temple structures of great beauty. Mahabalipuram is an ancient historic town and was a bustling seaport during the time of Periplus (1st century CE) and Ptolemy (140 CE). Ancient Indian traders who went to countries of South East Asia sailed from the seaport of Mahabalipuram.
By the 7th century it was a port city of the South Indian dynasty of the Pallavas. It has a group of sanctuaries, which was carved out of rock along the Coromandel coast in the 7th and 8th centuries: Rathas (temples in the form of chariots), Mandapas (cave sanctuaries), giant open-air reliefs such as the famous 'Descent of the Ganges', and the Shore temple, with thousands of sculptures dedicated to Shiva. While travelling to our venue on the arrival day, the minibus that picks up students at the airport and from Chennai, will stop in Mahabalipuram for about two hours for sightseeing, exploration and lunch.
Auroville, Pondicherry and Tiruvannamalai
We will visit Auroville (City of Dawn) which is an experimental township in Villupuram district mostly in the state of Tamil Nadu, India with some parts in the Union Territory of Pondicherry (Puducherry) in South India. The city is dedicated to the vision of Sri Aurobindo.It was founded in 1968 by Mirra Alfassa (known as "the Mother") and designed by architect Roger Anger. As stated in Alfassa's first public message in 1965,
Auroville wants to be a universal town where men and women of all countries are able to live in peace and progressive harmony, above all creeds, all politics and all nationalities. The purpose of Auroville is to realize human unity.
Pondicherry will be another destination. Pondicherry, called Puducherry in the local language, is a unique town, which used to be a French colony, hence it combines French and Indian architecture. The town is divided into two sections: the French Quarter (Ville Blanche or 'White town') and the Indian quarter (Ville Noire or 'Black Town'.) Many streets retain French names, and French-style villas are a common sight. In the French quarter, the buildings are typically colonial style with long compounds and stately walls. The Indian quarter consists of houses lined with verandas and with large doors and grilles. These French and Indian style houses are preserved as they are considered heritage buildings. The French language can still be heard in Puducherry. We will visit temples, the promenade and the Aurobindo ashram in Puducherry.
The second excursion will be to the little town of Tiruvannamalail, which has a longstanding spiritual history and inhabits the famous Arunachala hill, considered to be the heart centre of the Earth. Here the legendary sage Sri Ramana lived and guided many spiritual seekers. One of the largest temples dedicated to Shiva has been built here.
- Annamalaiyar temple: Shiva is worshiped as Annamalaiyar or Arunachaleswarar, and is represented by the lingam, with his idol referred to as Agni lingam. His consort Parvati is depicted as Unnamulai Amman. The presiding deity is revered in the 7th century Tamil Saiva canonical work, the Tevaram, written by Tamil saint poets known as the nayanars and classified as Paadal Petra Sthalam. The 9th century Saiva saint poet Manikkavasagar composed the Tiruvempaavai here. The temple complex covers 10 hectares, and is one of the largest in India. It houses four gateway towers known as gopurams. The tallest is the eastern tower, with 11 stories and a height of 66 metres (217 ft), making it one of the tallest temple towers in India. The temple has numerous shrines, with those of Annamalaiyar and Unnamulai Amman being the most prominent. The temple complex houses many halls; the most notable is the thousand-pillared hall built during the Vijayanagar period.
- Ramanashram: This ashram is dedicated to the contemporary sage Sri Ramana. As a boy of sixteen in 1896, he challenged death by a penetrating enquiry into the source of his being. Later hailed as Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi he revealed the direct path of practice of Self-enquiry and awakened mankind to the immense spiritual power of the holy Arunachala Hill, the spiritual heart of the world. An ashram did not spring up immediately. At first there was only a shed with bamboo poles and a roof of palm leaves. Through the ensuing years the numbers grew, donations came in and regular ashram premises were built – the hall where Ramana sat, the office, the bookstore, the dispensary, the guest room for male visitors and a couple of small bungalows for guests who made a longer stay. A group of sadhus made a colony at Palakottu in a grove to the west of the ashram. Over the years the ashram has seen a growing number of visitors. A special highlight is the room where Sri Ramana used to spend most of the time – today it is open for those who want to meditate or simply sit there in silence.
- Yoga mat - please, bring your own mat with you
- Alarm clock
- Money: It is best to exchange cash to rupees, the Indian currency, at the airport, and there are also some ATMs within a 15 minute taxi ride from our venue. You would want to have some funds on your arrival, which you can purchase at your airport of departure, however rupees are not to be taken out of India on your return. For the up to date exchange rate see www.xe.com
- Electrical adaptors: South India operates on 220V, the same 2 prong plugs as Europe, which are different from the UK ones, so you may want to bring an electrical converter plug.
- Torch / flashlight: Power outages are frequent in India and part of the charm but you might want some help seeing in the dark.
- Earplugs: If you are a sensitive sleeper, you may want to bring them along, even if it is just the snoring of your room mate, that may make its way to your ears.
- Sunscreen: You will need to take care against the strong sun, especially when arriving from winter.
- Clothing: please be sensitive to the local culture and dress modestly. Always cover your legs (long trousers, no skirts), your belly and wear short- or long-sleeved upper body clothing.
- 3 and a half weeks (or 4 weeks in case of the advanced course) of theoretical and practical training in all aspects of yoga
- Internationally recognised certificate accredited by Yoga Alliance
A reading list will be sent to you upon registration
The course will be taught in English.
Dates include arrival and departure days
- 4 weeks of theoretical and practical training in all aspects of yoga
- Internationally recognised certificate accredited by Yoga Alliance
The cost of this course includes administration, tuition and a teacher's manual. Students must bring a mat for asanas and toiletries. Towels are provided (not to be taken outdoors). We regret that it is not possible to make refunds or issue credits on this course. Bank transfers and card payments are accepted. A valid Travel Health Insurance policy must be shown upon arrival.
The initial deposit of £400 will reserve your place. The full remainder will have to be paid latest 8 weeks before the commencement of the course. In some cases arrangements can be made by contract to pay in 3 installments (please, let us know well in advance if you require this option, i.e. this option needs to be requested at the time of submitting the application and cannot be accommodated for if it has not be requested in the application). Please note: Under no circumstances will there be refunds or transfer of fees after the course has begun and within 6 weeks before commencement. No transfer of fees to another course for any reason except for bereavement that must be proven providing us with legal documents.
We reserve the right to cancel the training in which case we will refund the entire fee for the teacher training paid to us.
Himalayan Yoga Institute
86-90 Paul Street
Tel: +44 (0)7969157994
Why You Will Love This Training
The 200-hour training as designed by the Himalayan Yoga Institute is a residential teacher training which will allow you to fully immerse yourself in the lifestyle and practices of authentic yoga. It will allow you to find your innermost Self, so you can effectively start healing from within. It will enable you to develop your connection to your own deepest wisdom, your inner knowing and intuition. And most importantly it will provide you with tools you can use beyond the scope of the training for self-development, spiritual self-inquiry, as well as integration of the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of your being. It will transform limiting beliefs and perceptions that may be holding you back into a joyous affirmation of life, while deepening your understanding of your true life’s purpose and role in the universe. The teachings are rooted in the philosophy of Yoga and Tantra, meeting you wherever you may be in life, enabling you to unleash your greatest potential.
Yet theory and philosophy only offer a framework within which you may explore the depth of your love, joy and longing for a meaningful life and contribution to the world. For nearly 4 weeks you will be living, breathing and embracing all facets of the yogic lifestyle. You will also experience the beauty of connecting with other like-minded people and find friends for life.
Training designed according to the ancient gurukula educational system
Your daily life and personal practice will be integrated with your training and preparation to become a yoga teacher, while living under the same roof with your teachers and fellow students. For nearly 4 intense weeks of ashram living you will strengthen your own yoga practice through self-discipline, while probing into the nature of mind, body and spirit.
You will build a firm foundation of yoga practice, while gaining the skills of teaching others intuitively and with confidence.
Our 200h YTT will expand your horizons and your consciousness. It is designed not only to make you into the best yoga teacher you can be, but also into a true yogi and yogini, so that you may embody what you teach. You will experience a profound rewiring of your body, clearing of mind and purification of your emotions.
Our training courses meet and exceed the Yoga Alliance standards’ guidelines and you will receive a thorough understanding of asana, mudra, bandha, teaching methodology, theory, yoga history, modern yoga, Patanjali’s 8 limbs, the 3 main branches of yoga, mantra, meditation and tantric philosophy. Asanas will be explored through our signature Rajadhiraja Yoga Method and its application to Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin yoga. You will also have an opportunity to experience authentic Bhakti yoga and Kirtan ceremony.
You will receive more than 10 Signature Templates for asana classes (including a complete course curriculum for beginners), predesigned and ready to go, while also learning about the creative act of sequencing yoga classes so you can design your own classes in the future. You will have a chance to start teaching simple asanas from day one and then progressively attend to teaching classes as the course advances. Future teachers will have plenty opportunity to practice teaching and receive feedback, so they can polish their teaching skills. You will leave the training confident to teach yoga classes with heart, authenticity and passion. Even if you have no plans to teach yoga upon completion of the training, our experience shows that participants come away with joyful inspiration not just regarding their yoga practice but for living life to the fullest and manifesting their dreams. Eventually, you will have great clarity about your greatest gifts and talents, that are seeking to find expression. We empower our students to become leaders in their communities and share not just yoga but their wisdom and insight with others.
You will come away with a powerful personal practice that will balance your mind, awaken your chakras and help you firmly establish your life’s path. Your life’s calling will then manifest in ways, more wonderful, than you ever expected.