Yoga Teacher Training
The Himalayan Yoga Institute offers yoga teacher training courses in two enchanting locations, providing you with powerfully sequenced, pre-designed class templates, ready for you to use as soon as you begin your teaching career - so you can start teaching straight away, tips on public speaking and how to use your voice, practical advice on how to use modifications and prevent injuries. You will get introduced to teaching methodology and actually practice teaching while on the course - with detailed feedback so you can fine-tune your teaching skills before having to face the 'real world' - and lots more.
Perhaps you are looking to find a course which will provide you with the necessary tools to:
- Establish a powerful personal routine - which will provide a firm base and authenticity to your teaching
- Find your voice as a yoga teacher
- Learn how to sequence a great class which will put a big smile on your students' faces
- Have your students rave about your classes
- Establish instant rapport with your students
- Enjoy teaching your classes and watch how your students blossom and shine
- Build rewarding relationships and become an influencer in your community
- Change people's lives for the better and help them recover their health and emotional well-being
We are committed to helping you achieve all of that.
Curriculum of YTT
Our syllabus covers every important aspect of yoga and will equip you with an amazingly wide array of skills and knowledge which will support you in any situation whether you decide to teach yoga classes, workshops or organize yoga retreats.
Want to turn your passion for yoga into a career? Find out more about our curriculum and sign up for our Yoga Teacher Training in mystical South India or enchanting isles of Croatia!
How To Become a Certified Yoga Instructor?
Our belief is that what makes a great yoga teacher is not only technical skill but depth of personal experience. We have developed a training that combines the distinctive and powerful Raja Dhiraja approach to Vinyasa Flow and Hatha with a curriculum grounded in self-discovery, which brings people into their own unique and resonant depth.
The training delivers a high-level technical skill set and cutting edge anatomical education, but at the same time offers a profound, life-changing, and transformative experience.
Join us, and become empowered to skilfully guide others into the sacred landscape of their bodies, minds, and hearts, and learn how to teach powerful, uplifting, and intelligent classes.
What our students are saying
"Ganga’s classes were excellent and her personalized feedback was very useful so that I know how to improve my teaching. The schedule was good for resetting my internal clock to a more conducive one. Thank you so much for all of your kindness, love, energy, and wisdom that you imparted this month. It was an amazing experience with many positive physical and spiritual rewards! I know that there are many more to come as well. I am excited to return home to be able to continue practicing, learning, and planning classes. Several of my friends and family are ready for the physical and emotional healing that yoga brings. Thank you Ganga for a lovely month. You were a pleasure." - Mechelle Sanders, Arkansol, USA (YTT Croatia, June 2015)
Some Topics Covered in The Training Course:
Contemporary Yoga and Yoga Styles
- A Contemporary Approach to Yoga
- Dynamic Vinyasa Flow/Hatha/Ashtanga Raja Dhiraja/Restorative
- The Impact of Yoga on Modern Society
The Teacher and the Business of Teaching
- Secrets to Becoming an Exceptional Yoga Instructor
- How to set up Classes
- How to set up a Successful Yoga Teaching Business
- How to Establish a Powerful Personal Practice Routine
- Yogic Nutrition and Principles of Ayurveda
- Suggestions for a Yogic Lifestlyle
- Yogic Health Secrets
- Sun Salutations (3 variations)
- Asanas and Basic Principles of Alignment
- The Benefits and Hidden Effects of Asanas
- Precautions and Contraindications for each Asana
- Modifications of Asanas Applicable to Various Levels and Injuries
- Breathing Exercises and Pranayama
- Prana and the Ten Vayus
- Kriyas – Yogic Cleansing and Detoxification Techniques
- Bandhas & Mudras and How they Effect the Nerves & Glands
- Yoga Nidra – the Art of Relaxation
- Yogic Self-Massage
The Inner Body
- - Nadis: Subtle Energy Channels
- The Seven Chakras and Five Koshas
- Raising the Kundalini & Kundalini Yoga
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Principles of Great Sequencing
- How to Prepare the Body through Warm-ups
- How to Prepare Focused Classes and Lesson Plans
- Principles of Demonstration, Observation, Assisting, and Class Instruction
- Practice Teaching of Asanas, Meditation, and Pranayama
- Yoga for Seniors, Children, and Pregnancy
For a more comprehensive outline of the curriculum click here.
The practice of meditation is an important integral part of the training and puts into perspective the physical practice as an integral part of the spiritual and philosophical yogic worldview and lifestyle.
Training to be a Yoga Teacher
We are now offering yoga teacher training courses in two locations: the first one is in Kullu Valley, in the Indian Himalayas and the second one is on the beautiful dolphin island Losinj, in the Croatian Adriatic.
Our yoga training courses have been designed for people who regard their personal practice as the fundament and foremost inspiration for passing on the experience of yoga to others. It has at its heart the teachings of the 8 limbs of yoga - Ashtanga Raja Dhiraja, including Dynamic Vinyasa Flow as well as Hatha, combined with the ancient esoteric systems for the awakening of our inherent Shakti, the divine Kundalini energy within. An authentic approach to yoga infused with the inspiration of the Himalayan yogic masters who have been passing on this knowledge with the intention to benefit all. While providing a strong and sound base in asana, mudra, bandha, and kriya it probes beyond mere physical practice into the world of spiritual yoga and meditation and works on awakening the subtle energies within ourselves.
The yoga teacher training intensive is a unique, profoundly transforming and personal experience that is designed according to the ancient gurukula educational system which integrates the student's daily life and personal practice into the yoga training. For nearly 4 intense weeks of ashram living, students strengthen their own yoga practice through self-discipline and probing into the nature of mind, body, and spirit. They also build a firm foundation which enables them to teach others intuitively and with confidence.
The teacher training yoga course provides a fantastic opportunity to awaken or deepen our yoga practice, meet old and new friends, and to be a part of the global yoga community which is growing each day. The best part is: we get to understand that everything we need is already within us. The practices can lead us into accessing our gifts and beauty within, which then can blossom forth and inspire others. The experience provides a great way to find long lasting happiness, peace and the ability to share the yogic lifestyle with others.
Our Approach to Asana Practice
A distillation of years of study and a lifetime of movement practice has moulded our approach to Vinyasa Flow and Hatha, which is an intelligent and transformational methodology that is easy to learn and teach, and helps people to go deep into their practice with lightness and grace. It is bio-mechanically savvy, features key actions for empowerment and freedom in the body, and is grounded in principles of sequencing that allow people to soar in every class.
Yoga Certification Programmes
Graduates of the yoga teacher training London course receive internationally recognized certification from our YOGA ALLIANCE accredited school.
Attendance for the YTT South India is very limited and only 10 applicants at the most will be admitted at any one time, so as to provide the most personalised training possible. For the YTT Croatia a maximum number of only 9 participants will be admitted which will provide an exclusive training of the highest order. For more details and practical information about the course see the 200h YTT Curriculum.
The next 200h YTT South India in 2019 is scheduled from October the 14th until November the 10th and will be conducted in a Kerala style villa near Pondicherry in a charming South Indian village.
The 200h YTT Croatia in 2019 is scheduled from June 3rd until June 28th and also from August the 20th till September the 14th and will take place in a stunningly beautiful mediterranean villa surrounded by lush gardens on the island Losinj famous for being a health resort and the habitat of dolphins.
The 300h Advanced YTT is scheduled to be conducted from January the 18th till February the 18th in South India.
Yoga Alliance accredited Teacher Training
You will finish the training:
- Ready to teach an 8 week beginners course
- Ready to teach a Dynamic Vinyasa class
- Ready to teach a Raja Dhiraja Ashtanga class
- Ready to teach a Hatha class
- With knowledge of the history and origins of yoga, yoga philosophy and theory
- With fine-tuned teaching skills for a syllabus of over 70 asanas, pranayama, kriyas & more
- Knowing how to align, adjust and support students and work with injuries
- With tools for working within yourself in a spiritual process
- With a deeper connection to your practice and how this informs your daily life
This extensive and inspirational yoga education is complemented by a mentoring system to help build self-confidence and assist you in facing the challenges that we all experience in this beautiful thing called Life!
We will give you the tools to teach the style of yoga that’s exactly right for you
Perhaps you enjoy fast and flowing vinyasa-style yoga, perhaps you like to go slow and deep. We love all of it and believe it all has a place. So many yoga teacher training programmes try to fit you into a rigid mould – giving you set sequences that you are authorised to teach and nothing else. Our approach is different. We focus on the principles and provide you with the skills that allow you to experiment and grow as a teacher, responding to your students’ and your own development. At the same time we provide you with a variety of sequences that you can use whenever required. Underlying all of it is bringing mindfulness and presence to the work, which makes yoga the enlightening practice that it is.
Get your Free EBOOK
If you're still not sure which yoga teacher training is suitable for you, get this free guide "20 top tips on how to choose a yoga teacher training course and become a successful teacher". You can only choose the right course for yourself if you know how to ask the right questions.
This free guide is worth gold - 20 top tips on how to choose a yoga teacher training course and become a successful teacher.
Simply enter your name and e-mail and you will have instant access to the e-book.