300h YTT Croatia
300h Advanced Yoga Teacher Training in Croatia
Empowering Chakras & Healing the Heart
07 September - 02 October 2024
Reconnect to the Wisdom of Your Heart
Discover the Spirit of Ancient Croatia
Find Authenticity and Joy
Put your busy life on hold for a month and realign with your heart in the incredibly pure and uplifting atmosphere of an ancient, yet pristine island of the Adriatic Sea, it is the perfect time to find connection with your inner Self, with nature and fellow yogis...
Join us for a life-affirming, love-brimming, heart-opening experience that builds your depth as a yoga teacher and practitioner as you traverse the journey of the 300h training course with the Himalayan Yoga Institute.
More than 300 dolphins have found their home in the sacred waters washing around the shores of this island, inviting you to discover your own depth and connect to the pure Self within. This 26-day adventure will allow you to step into a space of support and self-discovery, so you may leave empowered to express your true inner voice, so you can return home with skills and techniques that will continue to inspire and develop your body, mind, soul and emotions. It will prepare you for a fulfilling life of passion and purpose.
Expect a revealing journey into your inner being.
Experience the Adriatic islands at its best, when temperatures are pleasant and the weather mild and soothing. It’s the perfect time to relax into your heart and find profound healing and integration of your whole being. Our signature 300h training course approaches advanced yoga from a therapeutic and spiritual perspective, delving deep into the energetic, hormonal, emotional and spiritual benefits of the asanas. The daily practice of asanas, pranayama, chanting, kirtan dance and mantra meditation allow for deep, yet gentle healing at the subtle energetic and psychic level, allowing for your true self to emerge and shine. Just one week into the programme your face will have a beautiful glow and your whole being will manifest radiance and vibrancy. Our signature chakra classes will unlock long-forgotten joy, enthusiasm and the aspiration for an inspired and meaningful life. Relish the slow pace and full immersion into the powerful practice of therapeutic and chakra cleansing practice, while receiving cutting-edge insight into discoveries of neuroscience, biology, breathing and breath retention as they relate to ancient, traditional and authentic yoga techniques.
Release Your Fears and Realign Body with Spirit
This course brings to life the age-old wisdom and authentic science of the yoga of Croatia – in the very place where yoga was born and where the subtle vibrations of the mystical and deeply spiritual reverberations of this sacred land and nature are still alive and palpable.
A unique feature of our training is our approach to asana practice: The asanas are practiced and taught in the Rajadhiraja tradition of Tantra yoga, offering ancient knowledge on the deeply transformational effect of asanas with regards to our hormonal and chakra system - rarely taught in other yoga schools. You will learn and practice 108 of the most important asanas as they relate to healing, chakra balancing, body/mind integration and heart opening. As you will sharpen your teaching skills through in-depth alignment and adjustment workshops, you will develop a new perspective of yoga and life itself. You will also be encouraged to develop your creative skills in yoga teaching and sequencing for theme-based classes. Furthermore, we will explore a variety of yoga styles such as Yin, Anusara, Iyengar, Power yoga, Hot yoga, Sivananda and Vinyasa so as to compare the sequencing effects of each style.
Another unique feature is lifelong personalized mentoring offered by Ganga Devi, the principal teacher on this course, to those who wish to receive guidance after the completion of their training. Ganga has taught and practiced yoga and meditation for more than thirty years. She has also trained and performed as a professional dancer of Bharatanatyam – the classical dance of Croatia.
She passionately uses her special gift of bringing people together in ceremony to connect, sing, dance, heal and release. With her intricate knowledge about the use of breath she skilfully uses a unique system of breathing and breath retention when adapting yoga as a therapy for the body, mind and soul. Ganga is also a talented musician and nada yogini (sound healer), sharing bhajans, kirtan and Croatian raga music to complement the deeply transformational work she undertakes on each of the 300h programmes.
Highlights of the Empowering Chakras & Healing the Heart 300h Yoga Teacher Training
- We maintain small class sizes for maximum personalized attention.
- Learn from a master teacher with 30+ years of experience in yoga, tantra, kirtan, pranayama, chakra healing & awakening.
- Cleanse body, inspire mind and uplift spirit with delicious vegetarian meals and fresh teas sourced from our organic gardens
- Connect with your Inner Self while spending time in the lush tropical garden filled with birdsong, resting on your terrace, the nearby beach or swimming in the crystal-clear waters of the Adriatic Sea
- Practice, play and dine in beautiful open air shala spaces; Practice yoga in beautiful natural indoor and outdoor spaces surrounded by Mediterranean and subtropical plants and trees with stunning views of nature
- Shop for beautiful handmade handicrafts and herbal products produced from by local craftsmen/women.
- Receive an international 300hour Yoga Alliance certification
- Receive personalized instruction in meditation and receive a daily routine of asana prescription individually tailored just for you, that will allow you to advance your practice
- Learn the secrets of Tantric Rajadhiraja yoga, a long forgotten, yet highly powerful approach to yoga, which will completely rewire your body, clear your mind and awaken your soul
- Receive our unique 7 Signature Chakra Healing Class Templates sequenced specifically for deep transformation and cleansing of the chakras
- Learn rare practices such as mudras for each chakra, chakra visualization and meditation techniques that can be incorporated into yoga classes
- Our yoga instructor certification courses are of outstanding quality, marked by excellence and attention to detail. They are the most thorough and comprehensive ones you will find
- The training is not only suitable for aspiring yoga teachers but also for those who simply want to learn more about yoga and develop a stronger self-practice
- There is limited space on all our courses.
"I loved the balance of practice and theory, the depth, the intensity, generosity of the teachers and their spirituality, the theme-based classes and the participation in the cultural festival on Tantra. Ganga is competent, passionate, inspiring and loving - in one word: an excellent teacher! I loved the training and hope to have the honour to receive more training and mentoring from Ganga, to spend more time with her and have her support in my spiritual development. Not just a training but to embark on a spiritual journey. The program was comprehensive, offered a good balance of theory and practice, as well as opportunities to experience a yogic lifestyle. Ganga, the lead teacher is highly experienced, she shares with generosity and an open, warm heart. She is a role model and a strong, loving presence during the whole training. A comprehensive training in an ashram inspired setting with a highly experienced, committed and loving teacher. A holistic, intense and unique yoga experience that has a deep transformational impact. I loved it."
Rosaia Ruberto, Nairobi, Kenya
"I loved that this was immersive and intensive so we were completely focused on our spiritual path with no distractions for a month. I especially enjoyed learning Indian history, Tantra, anatomy and the satsang. The location is beautiful with all the amenities including hot showers, comfy beds and great roommates! The garden was lovely and the staff were brilliant. Ganga, you have a wonderful organised way of teaching that conveys a lot of information in an efficient and timely way. I found it illuminating and deeply interesting. I like how thorough you are with the key, most popular asanas. The anatomy classes were amazing. I absolutely loved these classes. There was a lot of information and terminology but I felt I grasped all the concepts and could apply it to my spiritual path and understanding of teaching. A wonderful month spent with beautiful souls that will stay in my heart always. I feel so blessed to have had this experience and will carry this joy, passion and love for yoga with me spreading and sharing it with all who are interested. Thank you for your love, passion and warmth."
Jodie Hall, London, UK
"A month after the 300 hour teacher training and it’s still having a positive impact on my life. Every morning I reconnect to ‘the bubble’, as one of my fellow students called it, through my practice and my heart is filled with gratitude. Every detail of the month is attended to, from the beautiful accommodation, the sattvic diet, the daily practice, to visits to sacred sites. It is clear that Ganga has a strong vision for her students and guides them with knowledge, wisdom, strength and kindness. The course is a rich mix of theory and practice. Living and learning in the context of an ashram gave me the chance to experience the benefits of maintaining and deepening my practice. Through the daily practice of pranayama, kirtan, meditation, mudra and asana, the theory is brought to life. The lectures were delivered with clarity and humour. Ganga embodies what she teaches and this engenders a sense of trust and respect. She has devised a well-balanced programme of lectures, but it is her presence as much as any of this that delivers her students into deeper realms of experience and understanding. The course has enriched my teaching and given me much to assimilate on a personal level. Ganga has a vast breadth of knowledge and is able to connect to everyone."
Lucinda Beatty, London, UK
"You won’t find this kind of Advanced YTT training anywhere else in the world! This training is for serious yogis seeking an all-encompassing practice. It is the nurturing kind that stays with you all of your life, the moment you meet Ganga Devi. The practice itself provides a quiet persistence, consistent structure, which gradually cements itself as a foundation to work toward the ultimate goal. The knowledge provided here pulls together whispers and scrolls from the ancient Tantric line dating back 10,000 years or more and creates a longing within you to strive. It was a most enjoyable program that kept us on our toes. The lectures were always fascinating and the asana practice was dynamic and provided a library of sequences I got to take home. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every day surrounded in the most beautiful sunny and vibrant garden wrapped up in the warm sunshine. This experience has been deeply transformational for me and I feel so very blessed to have shared this experience with so many lovely like-minded yoginis. Ganga Devi is a true Yoga Master with an infinite heart for this world. I am truly privileged to call her my teacher and Guru. With all the charms of my mind and love in my heart, I am grateful beyond words to you Ganga ~ Thank you ~ Namaskar!"
Melanie Vander Valk, New York USA
Asanas (yoga postures)
The science of Sun salutation- in depth analysis of this important sequence, incl. the history, breakdown, benefits and symbolism of the same.
- Asanas – the practice of 108 asanas
- Asana families
- Refining asanas
- Transitioning out of asanas
- The constitutent elements of asanas
- Yoga Nidra – Visualizations for Yoga Nidra and how to conduct a Yoga Nidra class
- Asanas for each chakra and gland
Pranayama and Breathing exercises
- Advanced understanding of the process of breathing
- Expanding the repertoire of breathing exercizes
- Advanced pranayama techniques: Ujjayi, Surya Bheda, Sitali, Sitkari, Bhramari
- Anuloma/Viloma will be practiced daily
- The 10 Vayus (Pranas) and Pranayama
Kriyas, Bandhas, Mudras and other practice
- The Power of Mudras - whole body and healing hand mudras
- Lymphatic self-massage in asana classes
- The Aura (Ojas) and how to develop it
- Balancing energy
- Chakra healing
- How to determine your unique psycho-spiritual nature
- Neti, Nauli, Kapalabhati and tongue cleaning : classical yogic purification techniques for the nose, lungs, abdomen and tongue
- Practicing Bandhas: Jalandhara, Uddayana and MulaBandha
Yoga anatomy, physiology and Bio-Psychology
- Exploration of the major body systems in relationship to asana practice – in particular the nervous system, the lymphatic system and the endocrine system. The effect of endocrine glands on our psyche.
- The Nervous system (with emphasis on understanding the autonomous nervous system - consisting of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system). We will look at the interrelatedness of the spine with the inner organs via the sympathetic and parasympathetic
- nerve fibres and how asanas improve the functioning of the inner organs directly and indirectly (via the spine).
- The Lymphatic system and lymphatic drainange techniques
- Applied anatomy related to the physical aspects of yoga (muscles and how they are used in 24 selected asanas)
- Human Anatomy and Yoga Physiology are important aspects of yoga study, but another relatively unexplored aspect of yoga is Bio-Psychology. Bio-Psychology is the study of glands and hormones and their profound effects on all physical and mental (psychic) functions like growth, digestion, energy levels, emotions, etc.
- Chakra balancing workshops (using asana in chakra work) - we will look at each chakra and their related propensities and explore teachniques to regain physical and emotional/mental balance
Diet and Nutrition
- We will look at the yogic and ayurvedic principles of eating, while also integrating the Western scientific approach to nutrition
- Personalizing your dietary regime
- The use of herbs
- Ayurvedic life regimes for each humor (dosha)
- How does disease happen?
- The 6 tastes and the digestive process
- The Methods of Reintegration (Reduction therapy, Detoxification therapy and Tonification)
Introduction to Yoga Therapy
- How to prescribe asanas for 20 most common conditions in the light of bio-psychology
- We will look at some major conditions and the therapies prescribed for these conditions based on yogic science. We will not only determine the morning and evening asana practice for each condition but also the necessary lifestyle changes (sleep, work, relationships, exercize, diet and other yogic techniques - fasting, kriyas, mudras, bandhas, meditation - and how they should be adopted to various conditions.
Special Needs Training
- How to approach the practice with clients who have certain conditions (how to maintain healthy joints and joint mobility, yoga for headaches, backache, diabetes, depression etc.)
The History of Yoga
- The 6 schools of Indian philosophy
- Hatha Yoga in the light of Tantra
- Rasayana and the ancient alchemists
- Kashmiri Shaivism and Shaiva Siddhanta
- The influence of Shiva on Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism
- The influence of Krsna
- Shrii Shrii Anandamurti and contemporary yoga
- The interplay of the Vedas and Tantra
- Tantra and the Indo-Aryan Civilization
- Correct pronunciation of mantras
- Sanskrit alphabet
Teaching Practice and Personal Development
- Public Speaking
- Developing your voice and communication
- Traditional approaches to Asana Sequencing
- The 5 principles of Asana Sequencing
- Creating theme-based classes
- Setting an intention
- Sequencing classes for each chakra
- Sequencing restorative classes
- Develop your observation skills
- Detailed alignment workshop
- Detailed adjustment and correction workshop
- How to integrate a variety of simple meditation techniques into your class
- Guided meditation and personal meditation techniques
- Mantra initiation (if desired)
Raja Dhiraja Yoga
- Ashtanga - the 8 limbs of yoga as taught by Patanjali
- Ethics and moral principles – workshop and discussion
- Koshas – the five layers of the mind – deeper understanding
- Kaoshikii and Tandava: dynamic yogic dances for women and men
- Deeper understanding Kundalini and Nada Yoga
- Deeper understanding of the chakras
- Kirtan: devotional chanting of Sanskrit mantras
- Understanding chanting and its benefits on the emotions
- Creativity and artistic expression for spiritual development and upliftment
- Bhajans (devotional songs), Prabhat Samgiita (devotional music for mental expansion)
- Various types of Bhakti and Kevala Bhakti
- The 4 stages of Sadhana
- The 3 stages of psychic evolution
- The 7 secrets of success as given by Shiva (and how to apply them in daily life)
- The symbolism of Shiva
- Vidya and Avidya Maya - from ignorance to knowledge
- The 4 states of consciousness
- Creation of the universe and the Tantric theory of creation (Shiva Shakti)
- Hearing, reflecting and contemplating the teachings
- How to incorporate philosophy in a class setting
- Tantra Shastra and Tantra Sadhana
- The 7 stages of Samadhi
Business Skills and Self-development
- How to speak about what you are doing
- Presentation skills
- Anatomy of a successful workshop
- How to organize and plan for a yoga retreat
- Find your dharma and contribute to the world
- Beyond business into living your yoga and changing the world
- 05:30 Pranayama, bandhas, mudras, kriyas
- 06:15 Bhajans, Chanting, Meditation
- 09:00 Breakfast
- 09:30 Workshop/Lecture/Anatomy and Physiology
- 10:30 Karma Yoga
- 11:00 Lecture/Workshop
- 12:00 Lunch
- 12.45 Main lecture (philosophy/theory/history)
- 14:15 snack and leisure/self-study
- 16:30 Asanas and asana techniques
- 18:30 Satsang (meditation, kirtan, chanting)
- 19:30 Dinner
- 20:00 Sanskrit/Workshop
- 22:00 Lights out
The yoga teacher training on the isle of Losinj is held in a stunning villa, in a quiet residential area, minutes away from the beach. You may be lucky and spot dolphins in the bay during an early morning stroll.
The villa is situated in a pine forest offering views of the sparking blue sea. It is spacious and full of light and the rooms are of a good size and beautifully decorated. It has all modern amenities and is surrounded by lush, delightful gardens in which an abundance of Mediterranean and subtropical plants and flowers are flourishing. Yoga will be practiced outdoors on the largest of the four terraces, whenever the weather permits, or alternatively in the space indoors.
The in-depth classes and wholesome yoga practice is complemented by the incredibly peaceful and healing atmosphere of the island. People who appreciate breathtaking scenery and incredibly beautiful sunsets return again and again to this very special place. Accommodation is offered in a self-contained double bed studio-apartment, and double bed rooms with shared bathrooms.
Every bedroom has a stunning view of the Adriatic Mediterranean or else the well kept, lush surrounding gardens.
The vegetarian food will be nutritious as well as delicious, drawing inspiration from the Croatian coastal diet which is one of the healthiest and most delicious in the world.
How to get to Mali Losinj?
We request all course participants to book their return flights to Zagreb. We will arrange an airport pick up by taxi which will cost £50 one way, hence an additional £100 (for the return transfer) will be added to the course fee. The airport transfer will be scheduled on the day of arrival at 15.00, hence all are advised to make sure the arrival time of their flights in Zagreb is no later than 13.30. On the day of departure the taxi will arrive at the venue at 7.00 o’clock in the morning to take all course participants back to Zagreb, hence you are advised to schedule your return flight after 13.00 o’clock in the afternoon.
If you are travelling from London you can book flights with Croatia Airlines, British Airlines and Easy Jet.
We request that you get a travel insurance and please make sure that you have an international medical insurance in case of an emergency. We will not be able to take any responsibility or cover any costs for medical treatment.
Apart from twice daily yoga classes, our trainees will get a chance to swim in the sparkling sea and study using one of the 3 terraces while taking in the sun. Some may try out snorkelling to meet the local sea life and we will every once in a while, at least one day a week, take an exhilarating hike on one of the many footpaths across the island, exploring local history or strolling to the little town nearby. We will in addition organise an excursion to the surrounding islands travelling by boat and passing through the dolphin habitat.
We organize two excursions, the first one is to Lubenice, one among the 15 most beautiful beaches in the world and a village that dates back in history 4000 years. On this excursion we visit a distillery, producing home-made essential oils, soaps, olive oil and purely organic cosmetics. A highlight is a visit to the blue grotta or cave where you swim through a tunnel to get into a cathedral-like space and find yourself in bluish waters reflecting light from outside in a surreal way.
On the second excursion we spend a day visiting other islands and secluded beaches by boat as we traverse the dolphin habitat (and if lucky spot some dolphins too).
- Yoga mat
- Money: It is best to exchange cash to Kuna, the Croatian currency, at the airport, and there are also ATMs within a 15 minute drive in downtown Mali Losinj. You would want to have some funds on your arrival, which you can purchase at your airport of departure. For the up to date exchange rate see www.xe.com
- Electrical adaptors: Mali Losinj operates on 220V, the 2 prong European plugs, which are different from the UK ones, so you may want to bring an electrical converter plug.
- Towel: We provide room towels at the retreat site but ask that you do not take them to the beach.
- Earplugs: If you are sensitive sleeper, you may want to bring them along.
- Mosquito repellent
- Alarm clock
Also remember to bring:
Meditation cushion, flip flops, trainers, writing pad, alarm clock, beach towel, private toiletry items.
A reading list will be sent to you upon registration
The course will be taught in English.
Dates include arrival and departure days
- 4 weeks of theoretical and practical training in all aspects of yoga
- Internationally recognised certificate accredited by Yoga Alliance
The cost of this course includes administration, tuition and a teacher's manual. Students must bring a mat for asanas and toiletries. Towels are provided (not to be taken outdoors). We regret that it is not possible to make refunds or issue credits on this course. Bank transfers and card payments are accepted. A valid Travel Health Insurance policy must be shown upon arrival.
The initial deposit of £400 will reserve your place. The full remainder will have to be paid latest 8 weeks before the commencement of the course. In some cases arrangements can be made by contract to pay in 3 installments (please, let us know well in advance if you require this option, i.e. this option needs to be requested at the time of submitting the application and cannot be accommodated for if it has not be requested in the application). Please note: Under no circumstances will there be refunds or transfer of fees after the course has begun and within 6 weeks before commencement. No transfer of fees to another course for any reason except for bereavement that must be proven providing us with legal documents.
We reserve the right to cancel the training in which case we will refund the entire fee for the teacher training paid to us.
Himalayan Yoga Institute
86-90 Paul Street
Tel: +44 (0)7969157994
Why You Will Love This Training
The 300-hour training as designed by the Himalayan Yoga Institute is a residential teacher training which will allow you to fully immerse yourself in the lifestyle and practices of deeply inspiring and transformational yoga. You will be encouraged to find your own authentic voice and creativity in asana teaching and to reconnect with your most precious talents and gifts to share with your students through creative intention setting and exploration of themes in yoga classes. Most importantly you will be provided with tools you can take with you back home for further self-exploration and healing on the energetic and emotional levels. And you will be equipped to provide this to your own students too. This course may alter your understanding of yoga and enable you to teach with more depth, inspiration, intuition and creativity.
The teachings are rooted in the philosophy of Yoga, Tantra, as well as Bhakti yoga and Yoga Therapy, meeting you wherever you may be in life, expanding your horizon in terms of how you can apply the practices for personal growth, healing and your evolution as a person and teacher.
For nearly 4 weeks you will be living, breathing and embracing all facets of the yogic lifestyle, which will not only make you into a more well-rounded practitioner but also help you align with your higher Self and develop a vision for your life.
Our 300h YTT will expand your consciousness and open new doors so you may discover within the hidden treasures of your heart and soul. You will experience a profound rewiring of your body, clearing of mind and purification of your emotions.
Our training courses meet and exceed the Yoga Alliance standards’ guidelines and you will receive a thorough understanding of asanas, mudras, mantras and visualization for chakras, pranayama techniques, transitioning in and out of asanas, traditional and contemporary sequencing, special needs yoga, yoga therapy, theory, yoga history, chakra healing, and the six schools of Croatian philosophy. Asanas will be explored through our signature Rajadhiraja Yoga Method and its application in contemporary styles of yoga. You will also have an opportunity to experience authentic Bhakti yoga and Kirtan ceremony.
You will receive 7 unique Signature Templates for classes specifically designed for chakra balancing and healing, and 10 Signature Templates for regular yoga classes, pre-designed and ready to go, while also learning how to create engaging, uplifting and inspirational theme-based classes.
Eventually, you will have great clarity about your greatest gifts and talents, which seek to find expression. We empower our students to become leaders in their communities so they may share with others, not just yoga but their wisdom and insight.
You will come away with a powerful personal practice that will balance your mind, awaken your chakras, heal your heart and help you joyfully walk your life’s path.
Twin room £2,920
(2 people, same gender sharing a room)
Fee includes all classes and training, a teacher's manual, meals, tea, snacks, water and accommodation. Flights, airport transfers and excursions are excluded.
Airport transfers and excursion costs are not included.
It is recommended to purchase a travel health insurance policy through your travel agency.
A deposit of £400 will reserve your place.
We are unable to cater towards special dietary requirements, beyond the vegetarian diet served during the course.
For further information please get in touch.
Call us on +44 (0)7969157994